Following a personal injury in Costa Mesa, it is only natural to feel overwhelmed, confused, and even concerned about the future.
A personal injury attorney can assist if you have experienced any of the following types of personal injuries:
• Motorcycle accidents
• Auto accidents
• Truck accidents
• Premises liability
• Pedestrian accidents
• Nursing home abuse
• Defective products
• Serious dog bite
• Wrongful death
A personal injury attorney help victims of wrongdoing or negligence obtain the support they need for lost wages, medical expenses, and other types of financial damages they have incurred as a result of a serious accident. Unfortunately, it is far too common for victims of vehicle crashes, slip-and-fall accidents, and other accidents to be denied sufficient compensation for associated losses, including medical bills. A Costa Mesa personal injury attorney can help to expedite the claims process while also representing the best interests and fighting for the rights of victims and their families. A personal injury attorney will also often provide no-cost initial consultations.
When Should You Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in Costa Mesa
Ideally, the at-fault party’s insurance provider should offer you an adequate settlement that will cover all your expenses and losses following an accident. In the event only minor injuries were sustained, it may be possible to obtain a reasonable settlement without the assistance of a lawyer. In cases in which you have experienced the loss of a family member or serious injuries, the insurance company may attempt to minimize your losses. When this happens, you may need the help of an experienced personal injury attorney to fight for adequate compensation. This could be the case if:
• You incurred serious injuries and required medical treatment.
• There is a debate regarding who is at fault for the accident. This is not uncommon in accidents involving product manufacturers, drivers, and property owners.
• The company or person responsible for your injury is either underinsured or uninsured. You may still be able to obtain a recovery even in such situations.
• You are under pressure from the claims adjuster to accept a fast settlement. When this happens, the insurance company could be attempting to take advantage of you. If you accept a settlement too fast, you could be shortchanged what you are due.
• The statute of limitations is about to end. Keep in mind there is a limited amount of time for filing a claim.
An experienced and professional personal injury attorney in Costa Mesa, California can help to protect your rights and ensure you obtain adequate compensation.